In a medium sauce pan bring 3 cups of water, extra virgin olive oil and garlic to a boil over medium heat. Slowly whisk in the polenta, stirring constantly with a fork so that clumps don’t form. Reduce heat and continue stirring until polenta has thickened, 2-3 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking oil and spread polenta ~1/4″ thin. Let cool then chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, toss eggplant, zucchini, summer squash, mushrooms and onions in a bowl or large resealable plastic bag with Drew’s Organic Rosemary Balsamic Dressing & Quick Marinade. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Preheat the grill to medium high. Oil the grates. Grill the vegetables until tender, 5-8 minutes on each side, or until desired doneness. Slice the polenta into squares or long triangles (or whatever shape you like). Grill, 2-3 minutes each side until grill marks form. Top polenta with vegetables and drizzle with additional Drew’s Organic Rosemary Balsamic Dressing & Quick Marinade. Serve.
Jenny Shea Rawn MS, MPH, RD is a Cape Cod, Massachusetts based Registered Dietitian, nutrition communications consultant and healthy food blogger at My Cape Cod Kitchen.
- 1 cup Drew's Rosemary Balsamic Dressing & Quick Marinade
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 cup yellow instant polenta (corn meal)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 eggplant (sliced into 1/4" rounds)
- 1 medium zucchini (sliced in 1/4" rounds)
- 1 medium summer squash (sliced in 1/4" rounds)
- 4 medium portobello mushrooms (stemmed & sliced)
- 2 onions (sliced into 1/2" rings)