Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with tinfoil and spray with cooking spray.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine crab, panko, Drew’s Organics Thousand Island Dressing and Quick Marinade, egg, chives, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix well with your hands. Using a tablespoon, scoop crab mixture into your hand and roll into a small ball. Place crab bite on baking sheet. Leave about an inch between each bite. Repeat until all the crab mixture is gone.
Bake crab bites for 10-12 minutes until set and golden brown. Place crab bites onto serving platter. Sprinkle with reserved sliced chives. Serve with lemon wedges andadditional Drew’s Organics Thousand Island Dressing and Quick Marinade.
Jenny Shea Rawn MS, MPH, RD is a Cape-Cod, Massachusetts based Registered Dietitian, nutrition communications consultant and healthy food blogger at My Cape Cod Kitchen.
- 1 16-ounce can refrigerated lump crab meat, picked over for shell fragments
- 1 cup plain panko crumbs
- 1/2 cup, plus more for serving Drew's Organics
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 2.5-ounce clamshell fresh chives, thinly sliced, reserve a small amount for garnish
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into thin wedges for serving