Pat fish dry and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Set aside. Meanwhile, make slaw by combining cilantro, green cabbage, red onion, the juice of 1 lime, 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Toss slaw and set aside.
Preheat remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add fish and reduce heat to medium. Pan fry fish for 4-5 minutes on each side, depending on thickness of filet, or until opaque and flaky. Remove fish from heat. Let fish cool slightly then flake and place in a bowl.
Heat tortillas, wrapped in a clean kitchen towel, for 30 seconds in the microwave. Place tortillas on a plate. Assemble tacos by laying tortillas with fish, cilantro slaw, avocado, cheddar cheese and salsa. Serve with plain yogurt, lime wedges and additional salsa.
Jenny Shea Rawn MS, MPH, RD is a Cape-Cod, Massachusetts based Registered Dietitian, nutrition communications consultant and healthy food blogger at My Cape Cod Kitchen.
- 1 lb. haddock (or other white fish) filet, skinned
- ½ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 ½ cups green cabbage, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 avocado, thiny sliced
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided into 1 and 2 tbsp.
- 2 limes (1 halved and used for the cabbage slaw, 1 cut into wedges for serving
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ plain whole milk yogurt
- 1 cup Drew's Mango Habanero Salsa
- 12 small corn or flour tortillas