Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with tinfoil or parchment paper.
Rub acorn squash halves with extra virgin olive oil, salt and black pepper. Place cut side down
on baking sheets. Roast for 35-40 minutes, or until acorn squash is fork tender (timing will vary
depending on the size of the squash). Remove from oven and flip squash over.
Meanwhile, combine chickpeas, cooked farro, feta cheese, red onion and Drew’s Organics Greek
Olive Dressing and Quick Marinade in a large bowl. Spoon mixture into squash halves. Sprinkle with
pecans and place back into the oven, for 5-10 minutes, until farro mixture is just warmed through.
Sprinkle stuffed squash with parsley and serve with additional Drew’s Organics Greek Olive
Dressing and Quick Marinade for drizzling.
Jenny Shea Rawn MS, MPH, RD is a Cape-Cod, Massachusetts based Registered Dietitian,
nutrition communications consultant and healthy food blogger at My Cape Cod Kitchen.
- 2 organic acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ 15 ounce can organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup prepared farro, or other cooked whole grain
- ½ cup feta cheese
- ½ small organic red onion, diced
- ½ cup (plus more for serving) Drew's Organics Greek Olive Dressing & Quick Marinade
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- parsley for serving